New features

Over the past year I've started and closed several new blogs... each of them starting with an idea, but not much time ever panned out to be devoted to the thoughts I wanted to write there. So I've gotten myself down to 3 blogs, but only ONE (this one) gets much attention from me. So, I've decided to keep my Blog of Benediction and Timothy Moms blogs connected for reference, but to stop writing at each of them, and rather, feature regular posts on the subjects here.

So just to let you know a little about these new features:

Benedictions- My Thousand Gifts: I aim to regularly give thanks to God openly for the manifold gifts He's blessed my life with in this feature. I'm part of Anne's, at A Holy Experience, gratitude community, or as the image says, "My Thousand Gifts" community. Giving thanks is easily overlooked, and finding myself downcast a lot last year, I knew I needed to start just giving thanks to God more often for the thousands upon thousands of gifts I enjoy at His hand daily.


Timothy Mom Thoughts- The term Timothy Moms came to me from looking at Timothy in the scriptures and the reference to his mom and grandma. I share the similar marriage situation spiritually as Timothy's mom did, "...Timothy, the son of a Jewish woman who was a believer, but his father was a Greek" (and in my case we're not talkin' from the land of Greece). I define a Timothy Mom as:


A Timothy Mom is a mother who, like Eunice and Lois, makes it her aim to not only teach her children the scriptures, but also models a life of genuine faith in Christ to them. A Timothy Mom labors in prayer, in talking, in listening, in rebuking, in correcting, in coaching, in encouraging, in nurturing, in serving and in modeling faith in Christ for the prize of seeing Christ formed in her own children.



And the "vision" verse I have for Timothy Moms is:




Laboring in birth again until Christ is formed in our little children.
-Galatians 4:19-


Timothy Moms, the blog, started as a place to share what God was teaching me in child rearing and my life experiences in motherhood, and as a place for other moms to share too. It quickly became more of a resource blog, where I and others shared tools and practices that helped them in teaching their kids God's word.

I don't want to let Timothy Moms go because it really is God's vision for me personally and I want to share it that it might encourage some other moms, who may or may not have a husband who leads her and the children in understanding the scriptures or modeling genuine faith in Christ.

So, I plan to feature a Timothy Mom Thoughts post regularly here. I think it's fitting. Really, my homemaking is mostly the training of my children, the teaching of the scriptures to them and the modeling of genuine faith in Christ for them. They are the "house" I'm building for God's glory, by His grace.

The Timothy Moms blog will still be a reference for resources and an archive of previous postings.

I'd love to hear from any of you older or younger moms.

Is there a particular subject you'd like to see me write about regarding the subject of child rearing?

Also, I've been asked by a couple of ladies about what I'm learning about prayer and fasting and plan to post on that subject next Friday. But I'd love to hear what part prayer and fasting has in your life. I'll tell you right now, it's new and I'm just learning about it for me (not so much prayer... that's a constant part of my day, but prayer and fasting). So would you take my little poll up in the sidebar? I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Redeeming the time

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

I've MOVED!