“There is a kind of happiness and wonder that makes you serious. It is too good to waste on jokes.” - C.S. Lewis

When I read Psalm 8, my mind goes to Lamentations 5.

What is man that you are mindful of him, and the son of man that you care for him? Yet you have made him a little lower than the heavenly beings and crowned him with glory and honor. -Psalm 8:4-5 
The joy of our hearts has ceased; our dancing has been turned to morning. The crown has fallen from our head; woe to us, for we have sinned!... Restore us to yourself, O LORD, that we may be restored! - Lamentations 5:15-16,21

We are Imago Dei.  We human beings are created in the image of God.  We are "gods" in the sense that we were created by God to rule his creation and were crowned with a glory and honor special to being creatures in God's own image.  Yet the crown has fallen from our heads.  We have sinned.  The nature of Imago Dei with which God made us is now twisted, distorted, perverted.  And so we twist and distort and pervert the glory and honor He has made us to have.  We need to be restored.










We made it to my sister's in Redding late last night.  I finished listening to The Last Battle as we made our way up from Monterey to Yuba City where we ate dinner at Subway with my childhood friend Lori.  Lori and I met each other in first grade and have kept in touch and been friends ever since.  That doesn't happen very often.  She and her little girl Lily are a joy!  I think there should be a book titled Lori and Lily.

From the moment I woke up this morning until a couple hours ago I've been enjoying the cool weather, beautiful surroundings, and, most of all, watching my sons and nephews fish, craw dad hunt, ride bikes, laugh, wrestle, and play together.

Tomorrow my mom will join us here.  It's so good to see my sister and brother in law's fervor for God's word and God's ways to be taught and lived and learned in their house, with their kids.  Truly I'm getting to see the work of God I got to participate in all those years past praying.  What a gift!!!



Quieted,
Sheila

Featured Post

I've MOVED!