Moving. Day 2.



It's too late for a thought out and well-edited blog post. But before I hit the hay I wanted to share some interesting highlights of the day.

I was able to start orientation today with Abrazo Healthcare.  The lady at HR called and apologized at 7:30 this morning and told me I was good to go.  There were about 50 of us in a large room all day listening to 3 or 4 different talking heads.  The most interesting speaker was the supply chain head.  He had a dry sense of humor and made an otherwise boring topic actually thought provoking and funny.  You don't realize how much stuff costs and how much waste goes on and how many hands the stuff has to pass through to get to the patient and how many people have to get paid to get it to the patient.

Twenty years ago there were 30 or more generic drug companies.  Any guesses how many there are now?  If you guessed a two digit number you're wrong.  3.  There are 3 generic drug companies in existence today.  70% of the world's generic I.V. medications are made by one company.

In other interesting facts, Abrazo Healthcare does not hire people who use tobacco products because in Arizona, people who use tobacco products are not considered a protected class.

Additionally, according to the risk management presenter, if the airline industry performed as poorly in safety as hospitals do, there would be one 747 crash with hundreds of fatalities daily.

Also, because people like me may blog about work-related things, I signed an agreement to put a quote on my social media posts something to the effect that: The thoughts expressed here are my own and do not reflect that of Abrazo Healthcare.  Since this blog is the only place I might posts thoughts about work, nursing or Abrazo, I'll add such a disclaimer somewhere on my sidebar.

We moved more things over to the Surprise house today.  James worked on moving the pipes another inch or two so as to align with the drain hole in the shower base.  He says this bathroom remodel is by far the hardest do-it-yourself project he's ever undertaken.  There's a thick layer of drywall dust everywhere.  The dumpster people didn't empty the dumpster today.  With a full dumpster and more debris building up piles around every corner I think I'm going to have to make a haul to the dump myself soon.

My sister-in-law (I hate calling her that... she's my sister in Christ... she's my sister) sent me a very encouraging thought today.  She was reading Genesis as she's taking notes of what God is speaking to her heart as she reads through the Bible and she noticed how first God spoke light, then formed things, then gave us dominion over them.  She noticed it more as an order of the creation process rather than just as He made this day 1 and this day 2 and this day 3, etc.  She shared it with me with this move in mind and how were sort of starting from scratch... no carpet, no showers, no laundry, etc.  First, speak light into the situation.  Next put things into formation.  Last rule over it.

Her thoughts immediately brought to mind:

You are the light of the world.  A city on a hill cannot be hidden. - Matthew 5:14

(my view as I was leaving the Surprise house this evening)
Things may seem "formless and void" right now, chaotic even, but Jesus is the Light of the World, and He is in me.  And greater is He who is in me than he that is in the world.

Quieted,
Sheila

Featured Post

I've MOVED!