Shining, walking and noveling

I've been thinking about this today.

Do all things without complaining and disputing,  that you may become blameless and harmless, children of God without fault in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world... - Philippians 2:14-15


What if I went to work tomorrow and didn't complain, to myself or anyone else, about what I have to do or the parent who has something not-too-nice-to-say about what I do?  What if I didn't grumble about the tedious things I don't like doing as a a nurse (a.k.a documenting every little thing)?  What if I didn't argue with my husband about the things he's wrong about (smile)?  What if I didn't argue with my kids, just said what I meant and meant what I said?

Whether anything else was Christ-like in my life or not, if I simply didn't argue or complain or grumble, would I stand out as someone different?  Would I hold a magnifying glass to our good God?  Would others see some of His goodness in me?

Oh that I would do all things without complaining and disputing and shine for the One who made us all and has loved us so much.

Today I walked with friends from work at a Walk Now for Autism Speaks event in Tempe.  My boys and I walked.  It was inspiring to see so many people there.  I thought of my dear friend, a mom to a charmer of a son with autism.  I love him!  I remember when he was a baby and his mom's heartfelt concern that something more was wrong than just colic or food sensitivities.  I am so glad his mom and dad are such advocates for their children and that he got the therapies he needed to help him get to the amazing fire-cracker genius place he is now! I just love him!  Connor and Ryland were both touched by the bigness of it all.  They asked questions about autism. They asked about their friend from church with autism.  Connor asked if he had autism.  Smile.  I hope they learned something of the importance of helping others and supporting those who need your understanding, love and patience.

I finished writing out a little synopsis of my novel, which I will begin on the 1st.  Yikes!  I'm nervous.  I  had to pick a genre.  I really didn't know which one to pick.  It's fiction, isn't that genre enough?  But alas, there is literary fiction, mainstream fiction, science fiction, romance, historical fiction... you get the picture.  I think mine is a touch fantasy, but mostly mainstream fiction.  It's allegorical.  Here's a hint.  






Quieted,
Sheila

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

I've MOVED!