All I know is, I once was blind and now I see.- The blind man










A few weeks ago one of the students I care for said, "You know I don't really like Halloween cause of all the scarry stuff.  Scarring people is just rude!"  I couldn't agree more.  I'm a Halloween scrooge.  As much as I think its fun to dress up in costumes and carve pumpkins and eat candy, I can't get past all the violent images.  In my opinion Halloween should be called Horrorween.  That being said, there is a place for some good humored spookyness.  The boys were cracking me up this year putting so much effort into carving their pumpkins.  I put their works of art on the patio and just two days later they look like Horrorween material, all moldy and wilted.  Its too warm in the valley in October to put carved pumpkins on the patio. 



Ryland won the lottery to take home the terrarium/aquarium they made in his third grade class.

I can't believe those mosquito fish are still living in that brown water!  Ryland is taking very good care of them.

I try to explain things too much.  I've been trying to hard to explain some things in the Rahab study.  I stepped back from it today.  I don't have answers to a lot of questions, all I know is, like the bind man Christ healed, I was blind to the mercy and grace of God, but now I see.  Rahab probably couldn't explain the reasons why either.  I'm sure she didn't think she earned or deserved her rescue.  I'm sure she lived her life in response to the rescue from destruction she escaped because of the mercy and grace of God.

My good friend did this novel-writing challenge last year.  She did a great job.  This year's challenge is coming in November and she's challenged her writing friends to join her and write their own novel.  I took her up on it.  I have no idea where I'll manage to squeeze in the time to write a novel.  But I have all kinds of ideas for what I'd write about. 
 
Historical fiction:  1800’s romance
Modern fiction:  Logger’s daughter
Modern fiction: Cries in a field (my mom’s story retold)
Fantasy/Inspirational fiction: Ezer and the Dragon (from a poem I wrote a long time ago)
Mystery fiction:  Married to the Detective

All of these ideas would come out of life experience except the 1800's romance. 

I'm going to give it a go.



Quieted,
Sheila

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

I've MOVED!