Favorite shots from Malibu area

Pelicans?
I think these are pelicans (actually I keep calling them blue heron but my hubby says they're pelicans).  They kept flying over the shoreline in groups and getting REAL close to the waves.  So purposeful and serene.  It was really cool!




Feet and Foam

Everytime I see the ocean chase its way up the beach and then run back out to sea I think of this from Job:


Then the LORD answered Job from the whirlwind:  "Who kept the sea inside its boundaries as it burst from the womb, and as I clothed it with clouds and wrapped it in thick darkness? For I locked it behind barred gates, limiting its shores. I said, 'This far and no farther will you come. Here your proud waves must stop!'- Job 38: 1,8-11
Treasure Hunting

James and the boys had a blast using their metal detector here.  Its fun to hunt for treasure!






American Picker Wannabes



We saw this house in the Santa Monica Mountains and felt like it might have been the house we saw in an episode of American Pickers once.  I think when we're old, we'll take our metal detector and RV and hit the road as pickers.  


Quieted,
Sheila










No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

I've MOVED!