My Jehoshaphat Moment

"Then some came and told Jehoshaphat, saying, 'A great multitude is coming against you...'"

"And Jehoshaphat feared, and set himself to seek the LORD..."

"Then Jehoshaphat stood...and said, ' O LORD God of our fathers, are You not God in heaven, and do You not rule over all the kingdoms of the nations, and in Your hand is there not power and might, so that no one is able to withstand You?"

"For we have no power against this great multitude that is coming against us; nor do we know what to do, but our eyes are upon You."

"And when he had consulted with the people, he appointed those who should sing to the LORD, and who should praise the beauty of holiness, as they went out before the army and were saying:

Praise the LORD, for His mercy endures forever."

"Now when they began to sing and to praise, the LORD set ambushes against the people... who had come against Judah, and they were defeated."

From 2 Chronicles 20
Now's my chance. Now's my chance like Jehoshaphat to praise God BEFORE I see what to do or how to do it or how God's gonna work in this situation in my life which appears like a great multitude against me; a multitude against whom I have no power.

Now's my Jehoshaphat moment. It's beyond me. It's too much for me. I can't stand. But I can proclaim praises. I can physically open my mouth and say, "Praise the LORD for His mercy endures forever!" I can say, "I don't know what to do, but my eyes are on You Lord!" I can say, "You are God... no one is able to withstand YOU!" I can declare, "You will work this situation together for my good as one who loves You (not that my love is anything but a response to Your love for me), and is called according to Your purpose to conform me to the image of Your Son."

So that's what I'm doing.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not brave and strong. I'm afraid, like Jehoshaphat. I'm broken. I'm overwhelmed with what is against me. I'm trembling. But now's my chance to let my Mountain-Moving Savior be seen. He wouldn't be seen if there were no mountains. He wouldn't be my Deliverer if there were no terrible, drowning waves to rescue me from.

So here's what I'm going to sing... wanna join me?

Everyone needs compassion,
Love that's never failing;
Let mercy fall on me.

Everyone needs forgiveness,
The kindness of a Saviour;
The Hope of nations.

Saviour, He can move the mountains,
My God is
Mighty to save,
He is Mighty to save.

Forever, Author of salvation,
He rose and conquered the grave,
Jesus conquered the grave.

So take me as You find me,
All my fears and failures,
Fill my life again.

I give my life to follow
Everything I believe in,
Now I surrender.

My Saviour, He can move the mountains,
My God is Mighty to save,
He is Mighty to save.
Forever, Author of salvation,
He rose and conquered the grave,
Jesus conquered the grave.

Shine your light and let the whole world see,
We're singing for the glory of the risen
King...Jesus



Isaiah 51:3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

I've MOVED!