Giving myself to the ministry God has given me

"Don't let anyone think less of you because you are {a woman, wife, or mom}. Be an example to all believers in what you teach, in the way you live, in your love, your faith, and your purity. Until I get there, focus on reading the Scriptures to {your kids, or those who are in your life on a daily basis}, encouraging the believers, and teaching them {as a woman especially, teaching them the good things from Titus 2:4-5}. Do not neglect the spiritual gift you received... Give your complete attention to these matters. Throw yourself into your tasks so that everyone will see your progress. Keep a close watch on yourself and on your teaching. Stay true to what is right, and God will save you and those who hear you." -from 1 Timothy 4:12-16 NLT, application added by me


This past week I've been hearing one re-occurring message: Sharpen your focus Sheila! Do what God has called you to do!

As I was listening to these messages on my ipod over at Searchlight this week, God stopped me in my tracks! The very things I've been stirred in my heart towards- focusing in on loving my husband unconditionally, prayer, doing the everyday acts of service that fill my life as a homemaker, and teaching my kids God's word- Pastor Jon Courson was teaching on. (Just as a God-moment side note, the teachings are from 1991, but were played on the radio this week... just when I needed to hear them!)

I'd highly encourage any of you moms, wives... anyone, to listen to these messages if you feel so led. They really do speak to the need to not try and do a million things, but to just do what God has given us. And we can know for sure that He has given us our homes. Beyond that, we each learn who God has placed in our lives and on our hearts to minister to.

Here's the link:

Oh Lord, help us to be faithful with the few people You've entrusted to us. Help us as wives and moms to fulfill the ministry You've set before us. Manifest Your name with our lives to our children and husbands, neighbors, family and friends. Give us ears to hear Your exacting word for those in our lives that we might be vessels through which You open ears and eyes to see Jesus. And also Lord, help us to be faithful in obeying what we already know, if we don't know what's next. Help us to hunger and thirst for Your written word and to feed on it and feed it to our little ones and those You've placed in our lives! This is truly my prayer in the character of Jesus!

So glad He found me ,


Isaiah 51:3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

I've MOVED!