today's the big day

Today is the first day of school in this house!

I know, you're wondering where we live that the 1st day of school begins in February. We live here, in America, but we've been walking a different path. The Spirit's led us down a path of homeschooling this past year, requiring faith and obedience on my part. And now He's leading us down the path of public schooling, requiring faith and obedience on my part too!

Today I'm trusting in these promises:

  • The LORD is building this house and my children are a gift from HIM, so I can trust Him even when I'm not present and I don't need to eat the bread of sorrows. Psalm 127
  • I am a servant of the Lord, my righteousness is from Him, and He promises that some of my heritage from Him is that He will be my children's teacher and their peace. Isaiah 54:13 and 17
  • I don't have to pretend that I'm not concerned or don't have complaints about the way things are going, instead I can pour them out to the One who created the Universe and died both for me and my children. Psalm 142, 1 Peter 5:6-7.

Oh mighty hand of God who calls me His daughter! You know me inside and out. Nothing is hidden from You! Lead me today in YOUR path! Set your angels guard over the two souls You've entrusted to my care! Build them up today Lord. Teach them. Be their peace. For YOUR glory. Give me sensative ears to YOU today, not to my emotions, but to YOU. And I ask for wisdom in the decisions I seek to make today concerning the kids and work and home and husband. Lead me through the darkness Lord with the light of Your word and Spirit!

Redeeming the time

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

I've MOVED!