Hebrews Thirteen Three: Write a letter to the Chinese representative at the U.N.

**** Just an update on this post. Since I sent the email, it was returned to me. Something about they couldn't get through to the receiving address. I'm detirmined that this means nothing in light of my great God! He knows my petition. He's read my email. And He's got the Chinese representative at the U.N.'s heart in His hands.***

I just did something I've never done before. It felt really good!!! I wrote an email to the Permanent Representative of the People's Republic of China to the U.N. in regards to an old woman in China who's been thrown in prison for sharing her faith in Christ.

You can read about Shuang's story here and write her a letter yourself. But, if you want to go a step further you can also email the ambassador to China and/or the Permanent Representative of the People's Republic of China to the U.N. here.

As I was writing I was really driven to prayer even more. I mean I've written to my brothers and sisters in prison before, and felt helpless to do anything for them as it is, which has brought me to my knees, seeking the care of the Father. But while writing this short email, I thought, "They'll never read this! And if they do, this isn't going to make any difference!" And then I remembered not to put my hope in princes, but to write it, putting my hope in God who has the kings' heart in His hands.

I sorta felt like Esther on a very microscopic level. It's only the Father who can persuade the heart of the communist leaders of China and the captors of Shuang and others, and yet He has allowed them to rule. So in dependence on the Father I wrote this to the representative of China to the U.N.:


Dear Representative of the People's Republic of China to the United
Nations,

On January 26, 2007, 76-year-old Shuang Shuying was arrested. Shuying has
numerous medical problems. The story of this case has been circulated
around the world and thousands of Christians know about it. We ask that she be
released from all charges. We are praying for you as a leading spokesman for
your country.

In Sincerity,
Sheila Dougal


Would you like to join me?

Pray about it.

Redeeming the time

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

I've MOVED!