Skip to main content

I am His workmanship tag


I was tagged by Summer for this: I am His workmanship. I've never done one of these on my blog. So just for fun, here's a little bit about how God made me:

A. Attached or Single? Attached
B. Best Friend? My husband
C. Cake or pie? A berry pie!


D. Day of choice? Saturday, cause my man's home and we usually do something together as a family.


E. Essential item? Bible/journal/pen
F. Favorite color? Red
G. Gummy bears or worms? Bears
H. Home town? Roseburg, OR
I. Favorite indulgence? Chocolate


J. January or July? January in Arizona


K. Kids? Two precious sons!
L. Life isn’t complete without? Knowing Christ!
M. Marriage date? September 4th, 1993
N. Number of brothers and sisters? 2


O. Oranges or Apples? Oranges if they're sweet.


P. Phobias? Being underwater and unable to breathe (I'm thinking scuba diving and the air runs out)


Q. Quotes? "Earth's crammed with heaven, And every common bush afire with God; But only he who sees, takes off his shoes - The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries." -Elizabeth Barrett Browning
R. Reasons to smile? This could be a VERY long answer... I have many reasons to smile, I'm the most blessed woman on the planet! God loves me! He calls me His friend! I get to be changed into His image this side of heaven and when I get to heaven I'll be made like Him and see Him face to face! And here reasons to smile fill my days: My husband wrestling with the kids on the floor. My son saying something about Jesus that only could be said with the faith of a child. The sunset Jesus painted just for me! :)


S. Season of choice? Spring... even here in the desert new life is seen in the spring!


T. Tag 2 people: Jennifer (Diary of 1) and Jo Princess Warrior
U. Unknown fact about me? I've been keeping a journal since I was 8 years old. I have like 20 full ones in my closet and I'm almost finished with my current journal.

V. Vegetable? Asparagus
W. Worst habit? Picking at my cuticles!


X. X-ray or Ultrasound? Ultrasound. Ultrasound means new life being knit together and getting to see it happen... x-ray means something's broken.


Y. Your favorite food? Steak, baked potato with all the fixins and a loaded salad with house dressing!


Z. Which zoo animal is your favorite? Lions

Comments

  1. What a fun A-Z tag!! I'll get to this soon! I also love spring in the desert - it's remarkable. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great questions. LOVED getting to know these details about you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I learned a lot about you from this meme. I'm not surprised you're a journaller... you're a prolific and thoughtful blogger. Roseburg, OR? We're in WA!
    :~D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

eyes on the Author- the every morning struggle to walk by faith

I don't wake up full of vision and motivation.  Actually, what motivates me most is the idea that my french press and single-origin coffee from Guatemala are just minutes away from awaking my senses with it's warm, toasty aroma.  And on those days when I get my stiff, puffy-eyed body out of bed and make my way to the cabinet to prep the press with my favorite coffee and find we're out, I feel great motivation to get dressed and drive to the local store so I can hurry up and get back home before too much time has passed and get my coffee going.

Basically, coffee motivates me to get up in the morning.

Mixed in the grogginess between eyes open and that first cup of coffee I remember who I am.

I am not my own.  I am a Christian.  The weight of meaning in that word falls on me like gravity on the fledgling attempts of a young eagle to fly every morning.

I feel myself falling.  Falling. Squawking out a cry, "Help!  Help Lord!  I am yours. Let me hear your loving kindness…

post anesthesia thoughts

(has nothing to do with the post, just a pretty pic i took a long time ago)
I'm not going to over think this post too much.  I had minor surgery today and am still feeling drunk on leftover anesthesia/fentanyl/percocet.  Consider yourself and the three other people reading this warned.
In the past few weeks I've been listening to podcasts from writers, reading articles about blogging and freelance writing, etc.  In one of those I was admonished to write something daily.  Be it a blog post, a journal entry, a poem... something.  Because writers don't just think about writing, they write.  I think my pastor said or wrote that once too.  It struck me then, and when I read this lady's article.  I am a writer.  Not a known writer.  Not the best writer.  But I enjoy writing and I just process life better when I'm writing.  But when I set out to write something, especially publicly, I sometimes step in the quicksand of self-analyzing and get stuck there.  And then I don&#…

An Unlikely 23 Years

Wedding Day- Sept.4, 1993
Connor's birthday- April 1, 2003
During our first separation and pregnancy with Ryland- November 2004
Seeking a new start in Arizona all together- October 2005
 Second separation March 2010
Still together on a desert trail- Spring 2015
Today has been a tough day, emotionally.

Twenty three years ago today I made a vow before God and about 100 family and friends to take James as my husband, to have and to hold from that day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and health, till death do us part.

Those are some serious promises.  Better, worse, richer and poorer, sickness and health have all been part of these 23 years.  Honestly, most of it has been hard.  We weren't a very likely match at 19 and 21.  He from the big city, me from a small town.  His dad a pharmacist, mine a log truck driver.  We met in a child development class, taking pre-reqs for nursing.  He hated it.  I loved it.  He had long hair and torn jeans and l…