Do you know about this?



(Thanks to Jennifer at Gathering Grace for posting this video)

I usually don't post about politics, and I don't think I'm really posting about politics even now. This is a post about defending life and shining light on the judgements our potential future leaders are making.

I had heard about Senator Obama's position of defending the murder of live born infants who did not die while trying to be murdered in the womb. (And I do not apologize for using the word murder. I won't hide behind medical sounding terms like, infanticide or late-term abortion...It's murder!) But I had not heard this testimony from one of the nurses who worked and witnessed this murder taking place.

It makes me angry and sick! I don't understand how a man can look his kids in the eye or say he stands for the underdog or the struggling American when he supports the murder of the most "under" underdog-human there is...the unborn human baby. And it's not even the unborn baby's murder he supports, it's the struggling-born one who didn't die the way it was intended the first time that he supports being left to die.

I don't even know how to write this out! It probably doesn't make any sense what I'm writing. What am I saying? OF COURSE IT DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE! THE MURDER OF HUMAN LIFE IN OR OUT OF THE WOMB DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE!!!

I have a very strong conviction from the Word to honor and pray for those who are leaders in government. Yet this conviction is put to the test when I think about honoring and praying for a man who supports the killing of live-born babies as a "RIGHT" to be defended. But this is where the love of Christ has opportunity to be seen. It isn't in loving those who do good, who defend life and honor the baby's right to have life, that the redeeming love of Christ is seen (though I do love and thank God for leaders who stand for the rights of unborn babies), but rather it is loving those who do evil...my enemies.

Please join me in praying for Mr. Obama and those governmental leaders who support infanticide and the killing of babies in the womb. Pray that God would unveil their eyes to see their sin and the love of Christ who died to save them!

You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. For if you love those who love you, what reward have you? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? And if you greet your brethren only, what do you do more than others? Do not even the tax collectors do so? Therefore you shall be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect.- Matt.5:43-48

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

I've MOVED!