Father's Day


I get worried. And I shouldn't. Rather, I should pray and trust my Father in heaven for the things that burden my heart concerning my husband as the father of our children and concerning the man God gave me for a father, this Father's day.

"Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." ~ Philippians 4:4-7

Oh Lord! I don't know how to pray, but I thank you and rejoice in how you've used my husband and father to conform me more to the image of your Son! I want them to know you intimately! I pray that you would reveal yourself to them and rescue them out of the things that bind them and give them ears to hear you! Quicken their hearts Father! Unless YOU draw them, unless YOU draw any man, they won't come to you! Tenderize my earthly father's heart and remove the dullness that deafens his spiritual ears. When he prays, answer His father...Please! Let him hear you! Don't let go numbly on! Revive the joy of his salvation! Preserve and keep the smoldering fire and the bruised reed!

And for my kid's daddy...Oh Jesus! You know my tears and my heart! You know my fears and my worries! I'm so lacking in faith Lord. Don't I know that You desire more than I do, that You know what I don't! Use my kids' dad to conform them to the image of your Son. Guard and keep their hearts God. Don't let the sins of their mother or father be a gateway for the enemy to hold them in bondage too! Deliver Lord! Deliver! Shine your light Lord Jesus, say, "Awake, you who sleep, Arise from the dead, And Christ will give you light." (Ephesians 5:14)

Please reveal yourself as the perfect Father to my husband and my dad. Let them taste and know who You are as a dad!

I entrust my heart to you Father! And I bring you these that I love!

Amen!
Go to Timothy Moms to see a great reminder this Father's day of the love of our Father.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful new site! I love the orange color and great name, too.

    The Lord hears your prayer.

    I received the notecards you sent - THANK YOU! They are beautiful and contain such powerful messages.

    www.diaryof1.com

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

I've MOVED!