Yeah, I'm sitting here playing



I have been sitting here playing around with my blog.  My abandoned blog.  Turkey is in the oven.  Our turkey is farm-raised, free-range from my neighbor across the alley. I watched her grow.  The neighbor did the dirty work and traded me 3 loaves of soap for this beauty of a turkey. 

Of course, my tried and true method of buying a frozen turkey with that automatic pop-up thermometer that takes the guess work out of when the turkey's done is out.  And it's not just the blog style or the turkey that's new this year.  I soaked the turkey in a brine this year for the first time.   I sure hope it turns out O.K. 


I've taken a break from soaping for today... although I may just make some avocado soap today... I can't help myself! Today I'm enjoying my family, rest, the farm, the cool weather, the food and meditating on the wonders of the truth that I am a daughter of God through Christ.  That's a billion universe statement.  


I'm thinking of my mom and dad and brother and sister and grandma and mother-in-law and brother-in-law and sister-in-law and nieces and nephews and their families... I'm missing them.  I'm praying for them.  I'm so thankful for them.



You have turned for me my mourning into dancing; you have loosed my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness, that my glory may sing your praise and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give thanks to you forever! - Psalm 30:11

Happy Thanksgiving!
Sheila

1 comment:

Featured Post

I've MOVED!