Unashamedly bragging



I've been thinking a lot about today. Today, 2000 years ago. The entire center and source of all things, all the purposes of time and history and existence culminating in one Man's abused and slaughtered body hanging on a Roman cross. There is no god like mine!

All the religions of the world acknowledge that there's something wrong with us humans.  And they all give their prescription for making us better, which like Propaganda said is like spraying perfume on a corpse and pretending it doesn't still stink.  But for all the religions and the good ideas man has come up with for how we can be pleasing to God or just be better people, none of them propose what my God has done in Christ.

So maybe you scrap religion altogether.  It's a crutch that weak man needs, but you're too intelligent for that.  God, if he (or she) exists is just a nice concept to help us be better people.  Ignoring problems never solves them.  If we're all just godless products of chance and time why do we even care?  But I digress, that's another blog post.

There's no answer like the answer found in Christ.

The perfect One, swallowing up the sure judgement coming against me because I'm not right.  I'm made to image God, but I don't, and He has a right to scrap His creation turned against Him.  But He doesn't.  Instead, He stands in my place.  Stands between me and the place of my sure judgement.

Only my God redeems.  Only my God does not count my wrongs against me and promises me a new heart.  Only my God is working to conform me to the image of His Son.  Only my God came, not to be served, but to serve and give His life as a ransom for many.  Only my God became a man and knows what its like to bear the weight of my fallenness.  Only my God bends down to lift me up.  Only my God gives not just a way for me to live right, but the power to live that way by His very life living in me.

There is no god like mine!


What love is this.  
To send His own.  
To die for sin.  
And take us home.  
Got me feelin' good.  
Forget my feelin's.  
When you heard a story bout the hero dying for the villain?

- Trip Lee 

So we are Christ's ambassadors; God is making his appeal through us. We speak for Christ when we plead, "Come back to God!" For God made Christ, who never sinned, to be the offering for our sin, so that we could be made right with God through Christ. - 2 Corinthians 5:20-21

 Quieted,
Sheila

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

I've MOVED!