A day of unexpected events

We did not go to Payson as a family, as planned for this Wednesday my husband took off work.  Instead, we bought a riding lawn mower off Craigslist and I traded Jed Clampett, my 7 month old Nubian buck for a 7 month old Nubian doe off Craigslist. And, most scandalizing of all, I took my boys to an arcade for an hour!






I'm bummed we didn't go to Payson, but seeing my husband with his John Deere hat on, riding his steal-of-a-deal John Deere X320, and getting a nice doe to breed with my buck made me happy.

I am just loving having goats!  Jed and Duke were fun and playful.  I was a little sad to see Jed go. Darla, our new doe, is so small and sweet.  Duke and Darla.  Sounds right.  Can't wait to have kids!!!!

Expectation is a problematic thing.  Life would be dull if I didn't have times of anticipating something I desire.  But with expectation comes the high likelihood of disappointment.   The solution, I think, is not to exclude anticipation or expectation, but to be willing to receive whatever comes as for my good.


When you wear the weed of impatience in your heart instead of the flower Acceptance-with-Joy, you will always find your enemies get an advantage over you.” - Hannah Hurnard, Hinds Feet on High Places 


 Quieted,
Sheila

Featured Post

I've MOVED!