Planting trees and a road trip wish

One of the advantages of school nursing is the schedule. I get to be home every evening. I never work weekends or holidays. I get two week vacations in the fall, winter and spring, and a two month break in the summer. But every time I have one of these long breaks I enjoy so much being available to my family, cooking meals, planning ahead, going to the kids' school to help out or just eat lunch... just being un-hurried and relaxed, rather than spent, when everyone comes home. And it makes me think maybe a part time hospital job would be better.  Then I'd be home 3 or 4 days every week.  But then I'm sure when the kids' fall break came, and I had to put them in a summer camp for three days a week while worked, or when I had to work a 12 hour night shift on Christmas Eve I'd be kicking myself wondering why I left my awesome schedule as a school nurse. 

By the grace of God, I still consider myself a homemaker, even though I have a full-time job.  I still make a home.  I still build a family.

She rises up as morning breaks  
She moves among these rooms alone  
Before we wake  
And her heart is so full; it overflows 
She waters us with love and the children grow
So many years from now  

Long after we are gone 
These trees will spread their branches out  
And bless the dawn  
These trees will spread their branches out 
And bless someone
- Planting Trees by Andrew Peterson


Today I actually went to a class at the gym.  The cooler mornings and evenings have been so nice, I've been doing my exercise outside at the local park.  But this morning, since I was able to drop the kids off at school and have the day to myself, I went to the Barbell Strength class.  I'm pooped.  Jogging, lunging and push-ups in the park by myself doesn't push me nearly as hard as a woman yelling at me with a microphone on to do 7 more cleans. 

I finished off the Rahab study today.  Digging into the Bible never fails to be an adventure.
 
I want to go on a vacation touring the restaurants featured on Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives!  We've already been to three in the Phoenix Metro area.  This place in Gilbert (get the Ahi Tuna Sandwich), this place in Glendale, and this place in Phoenix.  All delish!

Not much to say tonight. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

I've MOVED!