Changed the name

I remember when I was a kid my mom used to change the arrangement of the furniture and house decor pretty regularly. You never knew when you'd come home to a whole new look.  I liked it!

I guess it really is a woman's prerogative to change her mind.

I've been keeping a journal since I was a kid. Sometimes I look back on the journals and am embarrassed. I keep them to remind myself of God's grace over all my years of foolishness. But when I started blogging about 7 years ago I basically put my journals out for the world to see. Sometimes I look back at old blog posts and think, "I was a crazy lady!" I don't delete those old blog posts though, because it reminds me that I am utterly dependent upon the mercy and grace of God. I have been immature and foolish in many of my writings and professions, but God has been faithful and gracious to me!

So I changed the name of my blog today because I'm a woman (smile. sigh. honored). I'm a woman humbled by the merciful refining of my faithful Father. And I'm more aware of the pleasant places the lines have fallen for me in this life. I make a home. I love a husband. I nurture children. I support. I stand by. I feed. I show affection by whipping up something good in the kitchen. I grow in God's word. I think better when I write. Hence: a homemaker's meditations.

Here are some good stuff I whipped up this weekend:

Albacore Tuna Fish Tacos



- 4 corn tortillas
- 1 can albacore tuna
- 1 small tomato diced
- 2 T. diced fresh cilantro
- 3 T. diced red onion
- 3 T. mayo
- juice from 1/2 lime

Mix 1 can of tuna with mayo, onion, tomatoes, cilantro and lime juice.  Heat corn tortillas until slightly crisped in a tablespoon of oil.  Scoop 3 T. tuna mix into corn tortilla.  Enjoy!


Gluten Free Chocolate Chocolate Chip Almond Butter Cookies
 (inspired by this recipe at How Sweet It Is)

This is a delicious, rustic, salty, chocolaty, not-too-sweet cookie that satisfies my chocolate craving and is just plain yummy!

- 2 c. brown rice flour
- 1/2 c. white rice flour
- 1/2 c. tapioca flour
- 1/2 c. almond meal
- pinch of xanthan gum
- 3 T. cocoa powder
- 1/2 t. baking soda
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1/2 c. softened butter
- 6 T. creamy natural almond butter
- 1/2 c. honey
- 2 ripened mashed bananas
- 1 egg yoke
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- handful of crushed almonds
- 1 pkg semi sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Mix dry ingredients in separate bowl. Set aside. Mix butter, almond butter, honey, bananas, egg yoke and vanilla.  Slowly mix in dry ingredients. Fold in almonds and chocolate chips. Spoon tablespoon sized scoops onto cookie sheet. Press to slightly flatten.  Bake at 350 for 10 minutes. Rest on cookie sheet for 3-5 minutes before removing to plate. 



Quieted,
Sheila

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

I've MOVED!