Waiting thru Saturday


"As his body was taken away, the women from Galilee followed and saw the tomb where his body was placed. Then they went home and prepared spices and ointments to anoint his body. But by the time they were finished the Sabbath had begun, so they rested as required by the law." -Luke 23:55-56 NLT


I've been thinking about waiting on God. Waiting when I could do something to free myself from difficult circumstances. Waiting for God to intervene.

These women did what they could to make Jesus as beautiful as they could even though he was dead. They also waited when they could do nothing.

It's Saturday in my life. Somewhere between death and resurrection. There are things I could do. But I don't want what I can do. I want a miracle. I want new life. I want God to intervene. I want what Moses longed for when he wrote:


O LORD, come back to us! How long will you delay? Take pity on your servants! Satisfy us each morning with your unfailing love, so we may sing for joy to the end of our lives. Give us gladness in proportion to our former misery! Replace the evil years with good. Let us, your servants, see you work again; let our children see your glory. And may the Lord our God show us his approval and make our efforts successful. Yes, make our efforts successful! - Psalm 90:13-17

I want to be like the women who grieved the death of their hopes when Jesus was crucified. Although I may not see or understand. Although I may doubt that there is any hope of fulfilled promises. I want to do what I can to make Jesus beautiful in the midst of His "death" in my life. And I want to learn to wait.

I believe my Saturday will not last forever. Sunday is coming. New life is coming. I hope for what I do not yet have, but I know my hope is sure! Resurrection will come. He may not come in my timing, or in the way I thought, but He will come!



So {I will} be truly glad. There is wonderful joy ahead, even though I have to endure many trials for a little while. These trials will show that my faith is genuine. It is being tested as fire tests and purifies gold- though my faith is far more precious than mere gold. So when my faith remains strong through many trials, it will bring me much praise and glory and honor on the day when Jesus Christ is revealed to the whole world.

I love him even though I have never seen him. Though I do not see him now, I trust him; and I rejoice with a glorious, inexpressible joy. The reward for trusting in him will be the salvation of my soul. -1 Peter 1:6-9 NLT (personal application added by me).



So glad He found me ,



Isaiah 51:3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

I've MOVED!