This homemaker's taking a spring break



In our house it's spring break this week. I have a host of things before me that need to take priority in my time and so I'm taking this week off. I have so much I want to share, and Lord willing I'll get to do so next week.

One of the things I want to share is the last post on the subject of homemaking in my Matters of the Home series. The last post will be about how homemaking is essentially the building up of relationships within the home for God's glory. I really look forward to writing that out and pray that I can communicate the vision God's given me for building up the relationship of marriage, parenting and being a neighbor all for His glory.

In the mean time you can read through my past posts in the Matters of the Home series here, here and here.

I also want to share with you more on my Love Dare journey. I'm on day 24 of the book, although I should be close to day 40 actually... some days have taken a week or more :) But in reality my love dare journey started 4+ years ago and will continue (by God's grace) as long as I live and my husband lives. So look for more Love Dare journey posts when I return.

Don't forget my March giveaway. Go here to enter.

Here's a word that's really speaking to me these days. May it bless you too:

I have glorified You on the earth. I have finished the work which You have given Me to do. - John 17:4 NKJV


I know those are Jesus' words. And by His life living in me, I pray that I too can lay down tonight, or be ready to leave this world when God says, "Times up Sheila", saying, "I have glorified You on the earth Lord Jesus. I have finished the work which You gave me to do." He's given me a husband. He's given me two sons. He's given me today. He's given me the people I will meet and the footwashing tasks that need to be done though I don't necessarily enjoy doing them. He's given me a home to watch over and I want to say, "I've finished what You gave me to do Lord."

So glad He found me ,

Isaiah 51:3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

I've MOVED!