On any given day Eowyn or Elastigirl

My friend Kristen had a fun interview post on her blog a couple weeks back. As one of the email responders, I now have the pleasure of answering Kristen's interview questions of me.



Read the instructions at the end and I'll "interview" you too! :)



____________________________________________________




First off... this is fun!

  • Tell us, what do you want to be when you grow up?

Good question, since I still feel like I'm sixteen. When I was sixteen I wanted to be an archeologist when I grew up. Now that I'm 30 something... I still want to be an archeologist! I'm totally fasinated with history, science... God's creation.



  • If you could choose one fictional character to best portray you, who would you choose and why?

Two characters come to mind. The wife on The Incredibles- Elastigirl.
And Eowyn, the niece of Theoden in Lord of the Rings Return of the King. I'll elaborate on Eowyn.
First of all I LOVE THE LORD OF THE RINGS MOVIES!!! I feel like in each movie I identify with different characters and see the spiritual battle I wrestle against daily in film!

Wikipedia says: Éowyn is described to be very beautiful; she was tall, slim, pale, and graceful, with long golden hair. In temperament she was idealistic, spirited, brave, high-minded, and lonely.

I'm tall, slim, pale, not so graceful but imagine myself to be (desire to be) and my hair's not the georgeous locks seen on Eowyn in the movie. But in temperament I think we're the same- idealistic, spirited, brave, high-minded, and lonely. Especially after I met the Lord in a very powerful way during the time when my marriage was falling apart, I feel like I am this woman Eowyn I see on screen! I think she sort of typifies the woman I am in Christ.

There's a scene at the end of the Lord of the Rings which gives me goose bumps where, I'm telling you, in spirit, I'm living that scene, fighting for the soul of the man who is my "king" (my husband, although in the movie it was Eowyn's uncle), while the enemy seeks to destroy him.

In the scene this giant, demonic dragon-like creature comes to feast on the flesh of the Eowyn's wounded, fallen uncle, in the midst of a mammoth battle. Eowyn sees what's about to happen and runs between the giant monster and her fallen king, holds up a broken weapon and defies the monster with, "I WILL KILL YOU IF YOU TOUCH HIM!" The demon-thing riding the monster simply says in response, "Do not come between a Nosgul and his prey." The monster then lunges forward to feast on flesh and Eowyn decapitates the beast! When the evil lord dethrones his fallen beast and attempts to crush Eowyn with an iron slinging thing, she falls on top of her king. The evil lord then grabs her by the throat and says, "You fool! No man can kill me!" With that Eowyn removes her armor helmet, revealing that she's a woman (who by the way was not supposed to be in the battle but snuck in anyway), and says, "I am no woman!" With that she slays the evil dude!


I am that scene!!! I am a woman. I am not a man. But I can, but the grace of God fight for my family, my people, my man! All my fighting occurs on my knees but it looks like that scene in my mind.

  • Why did you start blogging?

4 years ago, when my husband and i had just reunited, i was overflowing with wanting to share with "the world" the amazing things God was teaching me about Himself, love, reconciliation, etc. So I decided to write a little something about what God had taught me that particular day in an email and send it to everyone in my address book. Some were people I hadn't emailed in forever. Some were Christians. Some not. Some family. Some acquaintances. A few people responded, glad to hear from me. One friend responded suggesting that I start a blog. I had NO idea what she was talking about. Once I found blogger, I started a blog called, "Encouragement for Women." I think 3 people read it :). Mostly close friends.


  • What do you think about it now that you are officially a blogger?
Now that I've been blogging for awhile and have a few more readers :), I'm hooked! It really is a form of Christian fellowship for me, as well as part being able to minister in the gift of encouragement and even teaching God's word.
  • If you could share one piece of advice with us, what would it be?

Don't go anywhere without baby wipes and whatever you do find out who Jesus is... everything else will fall into place from there. (I know that's technically two pieces of advice, but although when you get to know Jesus you find out He is truly all you need, I've found that knowing Him and having a baby wipe there for wiping off the peanut butter you just realized is on your cheek before you go into the store is handy)
  • Share your favorite song and the lyric line from it you love the most.
My favorite song is always changing. But currently my favorite song is Beautiful Letdown by Switchfoot. My favorite line from the lyrics is:

We are a beautiful letdown
Painfully uncool
The church of the dropouts
The losers, the sinners, the failures, and the fools
What a beautiful letdown
Are we salt in the wound
Hey, let us sing one true tune

______________________________________________

Now...I would love to interview you and you and you. So here is what you do:

1. Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me."
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. (I get to pick the questions).
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

So come on--let's get to know each other better. And do not fear potential questions--I promise to play very nice.

So glad He found me ,

Isaiah 51:3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

I've MOVED!