Take "The Gossip Test"

Gina, at Chats With an "Old Lady" has a MUST-READ-AND-SERIOUSLY- PRAY- OVER-AND- EXAMINE-YOURSELF-WITH post called "The Gossip Test" at her blog.

I just finished reading it. Here's what Gina posted:


Ask yourself these questions about the words you speak and the things you share:


*Is the person you’re telling the information to a part of the problem or a part of the solution?
*If they’re not a part of the problem, and they’re not a part of the solution, then probably it’s something you should not be saying.
*Is it true?
*Is what you are sharing kind?
*Will it build up, will it edify the person of whom I’m speaking?
*Is it necessary?
*Does the person I’m talking to need to know what I am telling them?
*If this were about me, would I want it shared with someone else?
*Would I mind if the person I’m talking about were standing right here?
*What’s your motive in talking about it?
*Do you want to see the person you are talking about restored?
*Do you care that they will be restored spiritually, or do you just want to undo them; you just want to hurt them; you just want to punish them?

*If you’re a part of that person’s life, if you have a relationship there, you’re part of their network of relationships, what do you do?

*If you have gossiped, acknowledge your sins of the tongue.

*Acknowledge the sins of your heart-what was it in my heart that caused you to gossip?

*Confess to God the root issues—the pride, the jealousy, the wanting to look better, the comparison, the competitive spirit, the underlying sinful heart attitudes.

"Put off all slander and evil speaking and put on a heart and words of kindness and love and forgiveness and grace—not just put off the slander, but replace the slander with a heart of kindness and goodness and grace and love. "Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another as God in Christ forgave you" (Ephesians 4:32).

Be intentional about speaking words that edify, that build up, that put other people in a positive light." (Nancy Leigh DeMoss)

Oh Lord help me to be speaking words that edify and build up others... help me to be INTENTIONAL, thinking before I speak, and praying for the law of kindness to rule my lips!


Redeeming the time


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

I've MOVED!