I thought croup was just for kids!

Apparently not. Suddenly croup caused things to get real tight in my throat last night, drained me of all energy, slapped me with a nice headache and terrible barking-seal-painful cough!

Before that, I stepped away from the screen to devote some time on my knees. Nothing in particular, just needing to keep the main thing the main thing!

Thanks for your prayerful comments and prayers! Here's a verse I've been delighting in even amidst the croup.

Thus says the Lord: Heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool; what is the house that you would build for me, and what is the place of my rest? All these things my hand has made, and so all these things came to be, declares the Lord. But this is the one to whom I will look: he who is humble and contrite in spirit and trembles at my word.

- Isaiah 66:1-2

Redeeming the time

6 comments:

  1. Oh Sheila, the sick part is awful. The way you are meditation on God's Word through it is amazing and inspiring. I do hope you feel better, and I will pray for you this evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had CROUP a while back and I'm with ya....I thought that was for the under 10 age group!:)

    I do hope you are feeling brand new for Christmas...getting on those knees does help...I've been spending extra time these days...just to stay centered amidst the chaos..ya know!

    BUT a cookbook...I LAUGHED outloud...I'm really BAD at following a recipe to a tee...I'm watiting for a Food Network show where they do THAT...make it edible while leaving out half of the ingredients....I'm always amazed at how GOOD they are when I do follow them...

    You girls give me WAAAAY to much credit!!

    hugs Sheila!
    Merriest Christmas Wishes!!
    lori

    oh.....LOVE that color on the kitchen walls...the pics are scrolling as I type this endless comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you're feeling so sick. Ugh. :~(

    I love this image of the earth as a footstool for God's feet.

    BTW, there's an award waiting for you at Chrysalis, when you get the chance. :~D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lord, I ask that You will speed along Sheila's healing. May she find time to rest and get any medical attention she needs. Amen.

    ~Luke

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hang in there! Maybe this holiday you can get some extra rest!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wanted to take the time to thank you for being a regular visitor on my blog. I saw that you added me to your "followers" list...and I just want you to know how honored and grateful that our paths have crossed in this way, and that I count it a privilege that you visit me. God Bless you! I will be visiting you often, now that we are friends!

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

I've MOVED!