Skip to main content

Thanks and 7 Brillante Weblogs


Mari at Out of Deep Waters, a new instant friend in the blog world for me, gave me a sweet award the other day, the Brillante Weblog award.

Thanks Mari!

Also, Natalie at Married to the Preacher, another new friend in blogland, also blessed me with an Arte Y Pico.

Thanks Natalie!

You know, as much as I love writing, and really enjoy the fellowship I get to have with other women in blogging, it really doesn't compare to a nice get together. I'd sooooo love to have all you ladies over to my house for some tea or coffee, cookies, and a time of worship and sharing.

Maybe in heaven there'll be a special meeting place for blogging buddies :)

Anyway... I'll be passing on the Brillante Weblog award but not the Arte Y Pico, just because I just finished passing on the Arte Y Pico at the same time Natalie bestowed it upon me. I'll pass along Natalie's soon though, just not on this post. So stay tuned :)

For the Brillante Weblog award I'd have to pick:
  1. Buffy's Salon. A classy UK blogger, who always has posts that spark my interest and make me want to take better care- period, concerning many areas of my life.

  2. Chrysalis. E-mom is brilliant! I feel like I'm reading one of my favorite magazines or newspapers in the Biblical theme when I read her posts! I always learn something and am inspired!
  3. Exemplify. Kristen is a brilliant writer! I always enjoy her posts. She always draws the importance of God's word out and the gospel is forefront!
  4. Joyfully Living For His Glory. Chelsea is not a new blogger, but is new to me. And when I found her blog, I found a Titus 2 woman blog! I was thrilled.
  5. Praiseworthy Things. Jill has a brilliant blog for sure! Her posts are, true to the title, always praiseworthy things. I can always find an idea, resource, suggestion, book, tip, etc. there that is good for child training, teaching, mothering, wife-hood, etc.
  6. Diary of 1. Jennifer's blog is another brilliant one! I'm convinced she's a journalist! And a good, truthful and inspiring one at that! I always find new information and often a good laugh there.
  7. Kids Love Jesus. Shari has a brilliant blog too. I often visit her blog to find a good story of a Christian hero or a devotional to read to my kids.

Comments

  1. I'm not (yet!!!) carrying a little peanut of my own - just helping a friend get their blog meme out there! : )

    THANK YOU FOR THIS AWARD!!! I am deeply honored you thought of me.

    Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These all sound like wonderful blogs written by sweet, godly women! Thanks for letting us know about them. And I, too, look forward to the day when we can all really meet! Until then, I feel so blessed that we have a chance to build one another up in the Lord through blogging!

    Thank you for your prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sheila, thank you so much!! I'll be passing this on soon, as well as the Arte Y Pico award. Looking forward to visiting these other ladies as well. You're a fabulous blogger, encourager, and authentic Christian writer - keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sheila,
    Thank you so much for the sweet award. I'm sure it is more than I deserve! I know I have mentioned it before, but again I am really glad you are part of The Well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so honored Sheila! Thank you so much. I think of other Christian bloggers as the church really. Those who encourage us and build us up. You've really encouraged me today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merci, merci. And congratulations to you, Sheila! Your brilliance outshines us all. Have a blessed weekend my bloggy friend. (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooohhh thank you for describing me as classy!

    Your posts have a similar effect on me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

eyes on the Author- the every morning struggle to walk by faith

I don't wake up full of vision and motivation.  Actually, what motivates me most is the idea that my french press and single-origin coffee from Guatemala are just minutes away from awaking my senses with it's warm, toasty aroma.  And on those days when I get my stiff, puffy-eyed body out of bed and make my way to the cabinet to prep the press with my favorite coffee and find we're out, I feel great motivation to get dressed and drive to the local store so I can hurry up and get back home before too much time has passed and get my coffee going.

Basically, coffee motivates me to get up in the morning.

Mixed in the grogginess between eyes open and that first cup of coffee I remember who I am.

I am not my own.  I am a Christian.  The weight of meaning in that word falls on me like gravity on the fledgling attempts of a young eagle to fly every morning.

I feel myself falling.  Falling. Squawking out a cry, "Help!  Help Lord!  I am yours. Let me hear your loving kindness…

post anesthesia thoughts

(has nothing to do with the post, just a pretty pic i took a long time ago)
I'm not going to over think this post too much.  I had minor surgery today and am still feeling drunk on leftover anesthesia/fentanyl/percocet.  Consider yourself and the three other people reading this warned.
In the past few weeks I've been listening to podcasts from writers, reading articles about blogging and freelance writing, etc.  In one of those I was admonished to write something daily.  Be it a blog post, a journal entry, a poem... something.  Because writers don't just think about writing, they write.  I think my pastor said or wrote that once too.  It struck me then, and when I read this lady's article.  I am a writer.  Not a known writer.  Not the best writer.  But I enjoy writing and I just process life better when I'm writing.  But when I set out to write something, especially publicly, I sometimes step in the quicksand of self-analyzing and get stuck there.  And then I don&#…

An Unlikely 23 Years

Wedding Day- Sept.4, 1993
Connor's birthday- April 1, 2003
During our first separation and pregnancy with Ryland- November 2004
Seeking a new start in Arizona all together- October 2005
 Second separation March 2010
Still together on a desert trail- Spring 2015
Today has been a tough day, emotionally.

Twenty three years ago today I made a vow before God and about 100 family and friends to take James as my husband, to have and to hold from that day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and health, till death do us part.

Those are some serious promises.  Better, worse, richer and poorer, sickness and health have all been part of these 23 years.  Honestly, most of it has been hard.  We weren't a very likely match at 19 and 21.  He from the big city, me from a small town.  His dad a pharmacist, mine a log truck driver.  We met in a child development class, taking pre-reqs for nursing.  He hated it.  I loved it.  He had long hair and torn jeans and l…