What's on my mind- I'm not all my blog makes me out to be

I've got this blog-image thing on my mind!

I've been sitting here looking at my blog. I looked at it through the eyes of a person who doesn't know Jesus intimately, or hasn't been around church, or just doesn't really believe in all that Bible stuff. I thought, "Would they think I was a spiritual snob? Would they think I'm so "religious"? Do I come off holier than thou?"

I wonder about this sometimes. It's easy, especially on a blog, to come off one way but not really be that persona.

I truly do love God's word. It lights up my way. It cuts me to the core and keeps me from deceiving myself into thinking I'm good or better than someone else. It encourages me when I feel like no one understands. It gives me hope and direction. It reminds me of what's really real, what's really forever and what's not. It helps me to know the Saviour I love but have never seen.

I do love God's word and I chew on it, wrestle with it, fight it, soak in it, surrender to it, disobey it, obey it innocently, and chew on it some more, all day long.

And I love writing about what I read and hear when I'm mulling over scripture... I feel like God speaks to my heart more when I put pencil to paper, or finger to keyboard in this case, than any other time. But I'm by no means a Bible scholar or even a faithful student.

I'm no spiritual superwoman. I curse, and grind my teeth, and get angry at my kids, and yell at the person who cut me off, and complain about the marks on the carpet, and huff and roll my eyes at my husband, and worry about my kids' decisions and future, and many other things all of which I'm ashamed of... I'm a mess! But I'd be even more of a mess if I didn't have God's word, and I wouldn't have any courage to get back up again after my millionth fall short of His glory if I didn't have His promises of redemption and faithfulness to complete that which He started in me.

So if your a person in my life who doesn't go to church, or read the Bible, or isn't really sure if you know Jesus or God; or if you're a total stranger and you have any of the above perspectives or otherwise, please know I'm no better or different than you! I just cling to the hope of what's written in the pages of my Bible like a drowning woman! And I believe He saves.



Redeeming the time

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

I've MOVED!