Why I blog



  1. 1. To open my life up to others that they might be encouraged by the grace and mercy of God. He has been faithful and has rescued my heart from all kinds of fears and the poisons of various sins. He has given me confidence in His love and I just want to share it!

  2. 2. I want to store up treasures in heaven! All my earthly riches are dust, but what I invest in souls will last forever! The currency of heaven is not gold or dollar bills, big houses or fancy clothes...in fact gold is pavement in heaven, that's how "valuable" it is there. The currency of heaven is souls! One of the main reasons I blog is to pour out into you (whoever you are) some of the healing oil of heaven God's poured into me. His love is like balm to my soul and a sweet perfume in my life. I can't keep it to myself...I must share it with you. Blogging is one way I can do that.

  3. 3. To keep me honest. Whatever I say here I'm accountable before God for. "But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment." (Matt.12:36) That makes me tremble, but I can't use it as an excuse to not speak, because God expects me to invest what He's given me in others. SOOOOO, prayerfully, I blog to vulnerably open my life up to others with a heart to be like Paul and say, "Follow my example, as I follow the example of Christ." (1 Cor.11:1) Not "Follow me because I follow Christ so well." No! Not at all! Rather, as I follow Christ I'm going to fail and stumble, stray and slip, and by opening my life up to others I allow them to see that following Christ is a daily dying to self for a long-eduring journey. I pray that through blogging, anyone who reads what I write will be able to see the treasure of Christ through my broken vessel. "But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellence of the power may be of God and not of us." (2 Cor.4:7)

  4. 4. I can't hold it in! I have to tell someone about the goodness and mercy of God and share what I'm learning as I study His word!

  5. 5. I find writing to be a worshipful and prayerful time for me. It seems I hear from God best when I'm writing. It even seems I pray better with my hands than my mouth. I don't share it all here. In fact I keep a handwritten journal and have been since I was 8. Much of my time seeking God's face and praying is spent with my Bible, an open journal and pen. But it also happens here at the computer. Most of it is between me and the Lord- private meeting times together. But some of it is not meant to be kept but rather to be shared and that's what I do when I blog- share my prayerful, worshipful, meditative times and my life.

  6. 6. I enjoy the fellowship of the other bloggers who comment and who's blogs I read. At this stage in my life I'm mostly not hanging out and visiting with people. I do get to at times but because of the calling on my life to be a witness of Christ to my own husband I seek to spend as much time as I can with him. Blogging and reading blogs allows me to fellowship with like-minded women without taking me away from my family for too long. Though, I still have to guard against that. I could easily get sucked into hours of blogging and reading blogs when I need to be snuggling up with my husband on the couch or playing with my kids on the carpet.

1 comment:

  1. I just came upon your Blog and am looking forward to reading more and corresponding with you. I agree with your reasons for Blogging as they are mine as well. I never homeschooled but we do have Wife and Motherhood in common. I'm a Mother of an adult daughter and a teen daughter. We have a granddaughter and one on the way from our adult daughter so not only am I a wife and Mother but a Grandma too. I pray the blessings of the Lord upon you and your precious family. You have a sweet spirit. God bless you.

    Lisa
    www.lisashawshares.blogspot.com is one of my blogs.

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

I've MOVED!