Recounting

I will give thanks to the LORD with my whole heart; I will recount all of your wonderful deeds.- Psalm 9:1

(My guy's current project: a small barn)

It's Thanksgiving eve and the house is asleep. We have a couple of young guests tonight. My friend had surgery today and so we got to hang out with her kiddos (two of them anyway). It's been a good night.

My feet are swollen from standing for too long and I didn't deal with a situation between my boys and my husband tonight, so I'm ready to put my feet up and call it a day but, as David said, my heart smote me.  Dealing with conflict between children and husband is hard, especially when you feel your husband is in the wrong.  There was a time when I would have said nothing and pouted.  But now I feel I've swung the other direction, I'm not afraid to speak up, but when I do, it doesn't seem to be helping anything.  Conflict resolution is not my forte.  Praying for grace to do it better.

So the verse at the top.  I've been thinking about it all day.  What if I really took time to recount ALL of the Lord's wonderful deeds?  I need to give it a go.  Last year I put plates full of construction paper pieces on the table along with a marker and large plate in the middle of the table so each person at the table could write a thing or two or three they were thankful for and put in the platter before we started eating the meal.  This year, I'm going to try to fill that plate with my Lord's wonderful deeds.

He created the universe with his words. He holds the universe together by his words.  From the most remote star to the smallest organism in the bottom of the ocean, He thought it up and brought it into being.  He created human beings to be Imago Dei.  In His image.  Imagers of God.  Even me. He saw me in my fallen dead-to-him state and drew me to himself and made me alive to the beauty and wonder of God in the face of Christ.

Whoa.

There's a start.

Happy Thanksgiving peoples.

Quieted,
Sheila

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

I've MOVED!