My Love Dare Journey- Day 10

5:39 AM

Visit LoveDareBook.com

***** I wrote this a couple days ago*****


Today's day 10 of this 40 day Love Dare. Have I mentioned that this book is AMAZING and that I wish every married couple I know would take up this challenge, not just for 40 days, but everyday?!! Oh, I have, okay...

I likened this book to heart gardening in my last post. This time the imagery that comes to mind is the rekindling of a fire.

One of the scriptures that the Spirit has warned me with often is this:

"And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold."


- Matthew 24:12 NKJV

See this Love Dare really began for me in my marriage a little over 4 years ago, when, in the midst of my marriage falling apart, God was willing and moving in me to demonstrate His unconditional love towards my husband, even while he was rejecting me.

In the past 4 years since we've reunited I can see how my love has grown cold. I haven't gotten the response I expected and desired from my husband and therefore I've shrunk back from the vulnerablity of letting Christ's love come throuh me towards him.

Today's dare really hits that issue for me.

The dare is to do something out of the ordinary for your spouse that proves to you and to them that your love is based on your choice and nothing else. Suggestions include washing their car. Doing the dishes. Folding the laundry. Buying (or making) a special desert.

Today happens to be Valentine's Day. My husband really loathes holidays. He feels like there's such a culture of pressure to do what everyone else is doing and my guy is just not a "what everyone else is doing" kinda guy. We talked yesterday and I told him, "Honey, I just want you to know I don't expect you to do anything for me tomorrow and I'm not going to be the least bit upset if you don't." I said, "I don't ever want you to do something for me because you feel pressured to. Do it if you want to only."


It was a good, open the door to a sensative issue conversation. I think just having that conversation with him said, "I choose to love you no matter what!" And I think it really laid the ground work for kindling the fire of love between us. Because later on in the day he and I went for an awesome mountain bike trail ride in the desert. We really had fun together! Then he took me out for a totally delicious sushi dinner!!!! YUM!!!! He even drove me by a salon on the way home and asked if I wanted to stop and get my hair done? How sweet is that! All of those things were from my husband's heart cause HE WANTED TO! And I truly believe that our little conversation earlier in the day freed him up to do those things.

Someone has to start the fire first! I can't wait for him always. Love in me revels in just doing what's loving because it's love!

Redeeming the time

You Might Also Like

0 comments