Gathering At The Well

5:55 AM

Gathering At the Well


I'm really excited about At The Well.

Today is the big grand re-opening day of this weekly meme turned ministry site. Every time I've visited The Well I've been refreshed and encouraged just to find other like-minded women. So be sure to head over there today... you'll be blessed I know!

Today's topic of discussion is:

When you read the Scripture found in Titus 2: 2-5, how do you
see this playing out in your own life?

What are your areas of strength? Of weakness?

If you could set some sort of goal in relation to this
Scripture, what would it be?

Actually, at the end of 2008 I sat down with my personal journal in prayer one day to really write out what I could see God's word says I need to be about the business of in my day to day. I was feeling easily distracted, accused and confused and so a good hour of just writing down what God's word says really cleared things up for me, gave me peace and vision for my days.

When I read through and study Titus 2 I see that this passage of scripture will only be lived out in my life by being changed from the inside out. I've put a lot of emphasis in the past on outward standards, each of which may or may not be a woman's personal response of obedience or disobedience towards God in their own life.

Titus 2 is an outward description of an inwardly new creature. I want Titus 2 to be lived out in my life by walking in the Spirit, by obeying my Abba as a dearly loved child, and by walking in the footsteps of my footwashing Redeemer and Author of my faith. I don't any longer want to try to live out Titus 2 in my own fleshly efforts.

So for me, Titus 2 begins and is lived out in my life by faith. As I trust in Christ for my salvation, I also will trust in Him for my sanctification. Little by little, He'll finish the transformation He's started in me, so I desire to obey little by little.

Areas of strength?

If I have any area of strength in these words it's my strong desire not bring a vile reputation (blaspheme) to Christ (God's word) in the way I live as part of the house of God.

I'm truly amazed at Christ's love for me and I love His church, and I don't want to do anything to bring a bad reputation to His name or His people with my life.

Areas of weakness?

My Achilles heal is my tendency to make a new stone-written law out of every life-giving, incarnate testimony of God which His Spirit wills to live out in my life. I tend to be a modern-day Pharisee.

I heard a great Bible teacher say on a program recently that often we as Christians look at the New Testament as a new set of laws to replace the old ones. But the truth is, the New Testament is a new covenant (which we read about in the books between Matthew and Revelation)- the new covenant being God's promise to write His law not on tablets of stone, but on our hearts. Christians are NOT the newest religious followers of Christ, they are the people CHRIST lives in!

So when it comes to Titus 2, the weakness I need to be ware of is trying to make a law I can understand and follow out of the good doctrine the Spirit of God would lead me in.

A goal?

Currently, the goal I'm setting before the Lord for Titus 2 to be lived out in my life is twofold.

One: to excite reverence with my life. I studied out the word "chaste" in there a few weeks back and was convicted with a desire to rid myself of all cutting-sarcasm, foul-speech, jadedness, and the desire to be "one of the guys" around my husband and his work buddies. I realized that when I'm around quick-witted people, and worldly humored folks, I tend to conform myself to their image rather than being kind, tender and gentle... even if misunderstood. I want to excite reverence with my life! I want to live for an audience of ONE and have that gentle and quiet spirit which is so precious in the sight of God. I want that kind of innocence restored to me for God's glory!

Two: to dare to love my husband (and others, but especially my husband) as Christ has loved me! I watched Fireproof the other day, hadn't seen it before. I was so convicted of my growing-cold love for my husband and renewed in my desire to return to the dare to love God started in me 4 years ago when my husband and I reunited.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, I really look forward to listening to you now! And I look forward to what God will do in our lives as we give HIM our desire to be Titus 2 women!

Redeeming the time

You Might Also Like

0 comments