Do the Love Dare with me?

4:58 PM

This year started with a call from God on my heart to abandon all the expectations and personal plans I had been banking on and fighting for that I might unite my heart towards perfecting holiness in the fear of God. He quickly led me to understand that mature holiness is love. Christ-like love. It's this love which Jesus said would set us apart so we are known as belonging to Christ. Holiness is being set apart. So if I give myself to loving I will be will maturing in holiness.

This theme of holiness and love has continued for me through the month of January as the Spirit really warned me to feed on His word and not grow cold in love towards others though they reject God's word. And last night, as I watched Fireproof, the whole "love dare" thing really spoke to me. I felt like the Lord was putting all the pieces together for me to show me the way He wants to lead me. His will is that I press on in loving unconditionally, even if rejected, until He comes for me, or until my death.

I want to know His love more so that I might walk in His footsteps and let His Spirit live out that love in me this year. So I decided to get the Love Dare book, especially after watching this video:


The Love Dare from Mike Stecker on Vimeo.

Wanna join me?

Through the month of February I'll be regularly posting on my journey through the Love Dare book. If you have the book and would like to go through it with me I'd love to have you join me. I'm not going to create a meme or anything, I'd just love to hear your thoughts in the comments, or if you post about the Love Dare on your own blog, you can leave me the link in your comment too.

May our great God who is Love strengthen us to love to the end as He has loved us!


Redeeming the time

You Might Also Like

0 comments