“The traveler sees what he sees. The tourist sees what he has come to see.” - G.K. Chesterton

I'm tired and lots on my mind so I'm just gonna spill out a list of facts from the top of my head:


  1. I drove approximately 5,000 miles in July.  Most of that in the first and last week of the month. 1,220 of it in the last 48 hours.
  2. I think I'm legitimately car-sick.  Or driving-sick.  Or sick of driving.  I don't really want to move faster than a walking pace for the next 24 hours.
  3. My 13 year old changed this month.  When I left him the first week of July with my sister and brother in law and nephews he was noticeably less mature than he is this week when I picked him up and drove him home.  He extended an open hand to his brother after offending him in a way that typically would have led to a full-fledged sibling argument and said, "Come on Ryland. Forgive me?  I've changed a lot this month.  I don't want to do this."  I had to deliberately act like I wasn't paying attention and keep my mouth from dropping open.  Lots of, "Yes mom."  And, "Ok mom."  And "Thank you mom."       Thank you Father!!
  4. Sierra Bible Camp rocks!!  I will be sending my boys there every summer Lord willing. 
  5. Sierra Bible Camp rocks!!!  I am planning and praying about serving as a cabin counselor there next year.
  6. God is moving in the Anderson Church of Christ.  It's not the Church of Christ I grew up in.  Praise God!
  7. My sister is a living testimony of the God who changes men's hearts.  She's full of joy, humility and love.  It's contagious and I love her!
  8. Divorce really messes things up.  I hate it!  I'm thankful for the redemption that comes with knowing Christ but I hate the wake of destruction divorce leaves for generations.
  9. If you need a place to stop and eat on the I-10 in Indio, California stop at the Kids Business or the TKB Deli and Bakery.  It's the bomb!!  My friend Mary suggested it and we stopped there on the way home.  Worth the stop.  You won't regret it.
  10. If you program your GPS for Sierra Bible Camp you'll end up in the woods in the mountains in Nor Cal.  Don't do it.  
  11. It's really hard to be far from family.  
  12. My mother-in-law has been in the hospital for 20 something days. She's very ill.  I only got to spend a little time with her while I was there and my husband will be going to see her soon. Please pray for her.
  13. School starts the day after tomorrow.  Last year of middle school for Connor.  
  14. Some major lifestyle changes are on the cue for the Dougal family.  Coming soon.
I'm beyond tired.  God is good.  That is all.


Quieted,
Sheila

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

I've MOVED!